Money to help house crime victims with disabilities

We have some money to help people with disabilities who have been victims of crime. This money is to help people who had to leave where they lived because it wasn’t safe anymore. We can also use this money to help people make their home safe again after a crime.

See the PDF version of this flyer.

If you are a person with a disability and a victim of crime, we might be able to help you pay for a new place to live. We might also be able to pay for changes you need to make to your home to make it safe after the crime. The things that we could pay for are:

• One year of rent (we can’t pay for security deposits)

• One year of utilities • Other things that you might need during this time, like counseling services or childcare

• Changes or repairs to make your home safe again

If the following things are true for you, contact us to see if we can help. It does not matter if you reported the crime to the police or not.

• You live in Kansas

• You have a disability

• You have been the victim of a crime

• The crime made the place you live or used to live unsafe and you still do not have a safe place to live

This grant project is supported by subgrant number 21-VOCA-55 awarded through the Federal Office for Victims of Crime as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor or the U.S. Department of Justice.

Money to help house crime victims with disabilities